The Sustainable Community Development major will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and character pertinent
to helping community leaders identify needs and create
This major is an interdisciplinary degree that integrates biblical principles with sustainable economic and environmental practices. The Global Ministries Department is committed to the training of SCD workers that desire for people to know Jesus Christ and become His disciples, while at the same time pray and yearn for people to have a sustainable lifestyle that meets their physical needs.
By majoring in Sustainable Community Development you will learn ways to practice sustainable lifestyles, plan sustainable development with community leaders, and establish locally appropriate communities of faith among all people, including unreached people groups.
Sustainable Community Development
- Church Planting and Enlargement
- Cross-Cultural Bible Teaching and Counseling
- Cross-Cultural TESOL
- Sustainable Development
- World Religion
The learning objectives for this major include the following:
- Gaining factual knowledge (terminology, classifications, methods, trends) related to assessing diverse context and establishing sustainability (IDEA 1)
- Learning fundamental principles, generalizations, and theories in the fields of anthropology, health, business, and spiritual development as they relate to establishing sustainable communities (IDEA 2)
- Learning to apply course material to the development of sustainable projects in diverse environmental and spiritual context (IDEA 3)
- Developing specific skills, competencies, and points of view needed by professionals in the field of sustainable community development (IDEA 4)
- Acquiring skills in working with others as a member of a team in a globally diverse context (IDEA 5)
- Learning how to find and use resources for answering questions or solving problems within a community with a view to sustainability (IDEA 9)
This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended for official academic purposes. Please refer to the official college catalog for detailed information regarding all courses of study.
Or call 706.886.7299 for more information.