Students rights and responsibilities
Students have the right to know the following:
- The financial assistance that is available, including information on all federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- The deadlines for submitting applications for each of the financial aid programs
- The cost of attending and the policies on refunds to students that withdraw from school.
- The criteria used to select financial aid recipients.
- How financial needs are determined. This includes the consideration of costs for tuition and fees, room and board, travel, books and supplies, personal and miscellaneous expenses.
- The details regarding the various programs in the student aid award. If the student believes that the college made the award in an unfair manner, the student may request reconsideration of the award.
- The portion of the financial aid award that the student must repay and the portion that is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, the student has the right to know the interest rate, the total amount the student must repay, the length of time allowed to repay the loan, and when repayment begins.
It is the student’s responsibility to do the following:
- Complete the application for student financial aid (FAFSA) carefully and accurately, and submit it to the appropriate office before the deadline. Errors may delay the receipt of financial aid. Intentional falsification of information on application forms for federal financial aid is a violation of law and is considered a criminal offense subject to penalties under the US Criminal Code.
- Return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and new information requested by either the Office of Financial Aid or the agency that the student submitted the application.
- Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms that are submitted.
- Accept the responsibility for all agreements signed.
- Notify the lender of changes in name, address, or school status (if a loan is pending).
Financial Assistance Disclosure
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for disclosure of institutional and financial assistance information and can be contacted by writing to the following address: Director of Financial Aid, P.O. Box 800900, Toccoa Falls College, Toccoa Falls, GA 30598.