We understand that when you choose to attend Toccoa Falls College your safety and security is a concern. It is important that your time as a student is as free of problems for your safety, as possible. You need to understand however that the realities of the REAL world are present on our campus as they are off campus.
Toccoa Falls maintains a Security Department as a proprietary function of the college. It is empowered to enforce the rules and regulations of this college on all 1100 acres.
We maintain a very good working relationship with all of the law enforcement agencies within our county.
The department is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in order to provide:
1. A relatively quick response to all emergencies including traffic accidents, pedestrian accidents, fires and/or reported crimes.
2. To monitor persons coming onto or leaving our campus between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
3. To perform a security patrol for the purpose of crime prevention with routine checks of our facilities.
4. To be able to facilitate the reporting of crime or other security problems and to document all reported incidents.
5. To provide other services as needed by the college community such as crowd control at Athletic events, parking at concerts, to assist visitors, and if necessary to summon help from another agency.
6. To serve as the delegated authority for the enforcement of all campus rules, including the State of Georgia traffic code.
The campus phone number for any security concern is: #5444 for the security center located at the entrance. #5220 for the Director of Security’s office, located within the Parkinson Student Center.
Marcia Walker, RN. Marcia has had 13 years of college nursing experience and a 15 year missions background. She works closely with the Resident Directors and Assistants in attempting to meet the needs of resident students when either injured or sick.
Tammey Haddock, Administrative Assistant, was born and raised in Toccoa, Georgia. This is beginning her 4th year working with Health, Counseling and Career. She assists students with insurance questions and problems, and works with the school nurse and counselors.
Forms and Information
TFC Medical Form: check here
Toccoa Falls College maintains a Student Health Services office which is located on the lower floor of Fant Hall. During the semester, office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 – 12:00 and 1:00 -5:00 and Fridays from 8:30 – 12:00. Over the counter medications and First Aid supplies are available in the Student Health Services office.
Appointments with local physicians are coordinated through the Student Health Services office. If a student has a medical need outside of office hours, he/she should contact the Resident Assistant or Resident Director on call.