The sport management major prepares you for a leadership
role within the ever-growing world of sport. Taught from a biblical
perspective (integrating faith and practice), our courses will equip you with knowledge of the best current practices in business and sport management. You will also learn the skills essential in the marketplace, and develop biblical character to become Christian servant leaders with strong ethical and moral standards to manage and market sport organizations, media, events, and facilities.
The learning objectives for this major include the following:
- Gaining factual knowledge—to identify and recall key facts, terms, and methods in sport management such as Coaching, Facilities Management, Sport Marketing, Sport Finance, and Sport Law (IDEA 1)
- Learning fundamental principles, generalizations, or theories—to identify, recall, and understand concepts relating to sport management (IDEA 2)
- Learning to apply course material to enable students to develop analytical and decision-making tools to apply to problem solving and planning in sport management (IDEA 3)
- Developing skills, competencies, and points of view needed by professionals—enabling students to develop in the skills of research, analytical thinking, communication, writing, presentations, and computer usage (IDEA 4)
- Developing a clearer understanding of, and commitment to, personal Biblical values enabling students to integrate faith and practice in sport management, specifically, a biblical worldview, personal ethics and integrity, social responsibility, moral character, and a strong work ethic (IDEA 10)
This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended for official academic purposes. Please refer to the official college catalog for detailed information regarding all courses of study.
Or call 706.886.7299 for more information.