Ministry Leadership is an ideal major if you anticipate a lifelong ministry service involving various components of church life, especially leadership roles. The Ministry Leadership major equips students to serve the church and faith-based nonprofit organizations as vocational leaders, interpreting such service as a “calling.” Built on an incarnational perspective of leadership and disciple-making, this major develops transformationally-minded leaders who intend real change, personally and organizationally, and who participate in Jesus’ Great Commission to “make disciples.” Emphases of this major include biblical foundations of leadership, organizing and administrating ministry initiatives, serving as architects of organizational culture and change, and giving attention to a leader’s self-care and spiritual formation.
Constructed with a biblical world-view for kingdom service, this major is offered in both online and residential formats. The online version offers the ideal distance education experience for individuals with some college experience who desire preparation for ministry without moving to the campus.
Why Ministry Leadership?
- An Active Departmental Learning Culture that Includes:
- Highly interactive classes
- Competent and highly relational departmental faculty who continue to serve in various ministry contexts
- Regular interaction and creative partnerships with relevant ministry contexts
- Four semesters of Service and Outreach opportunities directly tied to your major
- An intensive, 3-credit Internship experience anywhere in the world
- An integration of good theological and theoretical thinking with hands-on ministry leadership experience
- Make Connections with Your Calling
- Conversations in and out of class that will help inform and shape your deepest passions to serve as a vocational leader
- Interaction with area church and faith-based nonprofit organizational leaders
- Academic advising designed to guide your academic experience, and foster your ability to discern and respond to God’s initiatives in your life and the world
- Network with TFC alumni who serve in various ministry contexts and cultures
- Family and Children's Ministries
- Ministry Leadership
- Outdoor Leadership and Education
- Pastoral Ministries
- Youth Ministry
The learning objectives for this major include the following:
- Develop your capacity for lifelong critical and integrative thinking
- Develop necessary leadership competencies and character for ministry leadership
- Understand and respect the role of vocational leaders in the church and faith-based nonprofit organizations
- Create effective means of discipleship for people of various ages and contexts
- Encourage your commitment to and methods of fostering leader-care and spiritual formation for yourself and others
This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended for official academic purposes. Please refer to the official college catalog for detailed information regarding all courses of study.
Or call 706.886.7299 for more information.