How to apply
Throughout the TFC financial aid process, you will complete several on-line documents. To insure you receive priority financial aid packaging, please complete the following steps.
Beginning on January 1, you can file the 2016-2017 online FAFSA. You can find a step-by-step guide through the FAFSA process at NerdScholar, in addition to information on non-traditional family situations. Sign the FAFSA by using your electronic PIN. If dependent student, parent must also sign using parent PIN. Enter the TFC School Code Number of 001596 on the FAFSA. This is an annual application for financial aid to be completed each year of college enrollment.
If chosen for verification, submit the required Verification documentation below (The Department of Education chooses 30 percent of all FAFSA applicants for verification):
- a. signed copies of student’s and/or parents’ Federal Income Tax Returns (1040, 1040A, etc.).
- b. copies of student’s and/or parents’ W2 Forms (wage statements).
- c. Dependent Student Verification Worksheet or Independent Student Verification Worksheet (found on the Financial Aid Forms page).
Georgia Residents only must apply for state aid online. Complete the GSFAPPS application at www.gacollege411.org.
This is for GTEG and HOPE scholarship and must be completed only one time when first entering college.
If student is applying for Federal Direct Stafford Loans, complete the following at www.studentloans.gov:
- a. Student Master Promissory Note (MPN). You will need your student FAFSA PIN.
- b. Student Loan Entrance Counseling.
If parent is applying for Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan, complete the following at www.studentloans.gov:
- a. Parent PLUS Loan Request form. (Also available on the Financial Aid Forms page of the TFC website, then return to Financial Aid Office.).
- b. Parent Master Promissory Note (MPN). Parent will need parent’s FAFSA PIN.
Apply for Outside scholarships and submit the Outside Scholarship Verification Form.
Most scholarships will not be awarded until after your initial award letter. You should inform the financial aid office if you are awarded any scholarships directly, so that your financial aid package will be adjusted accordingly. Typically scholarships replace or reduce student loans.
Allow time for processing your applications. After we have received your FAFSA and TFC Financial Aid Application, financial aid award letters are usually mailed or made available online to students within 14-21 days after the file is complete.
To resolve application or technology questions for the following please call:
For FAFSA: 1-800-4FEDAID or 1-800-433-3243
For GTEG/HOPE: 1-800-505-4732
For Direct Loan or Master Promissory Note: 1-800-848-0979
Contact the Financial Aid Office
Call 706-886-7299, ext. 5435 or