We're excited to see what the Lord has in store for you at TFC. We are committed to academic excellence and will allow you to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically and mentally.
What is the application process for home-education?
A completed admissions file includes the following:
- Completed and signed Application for Admission
- $30 non-refundable application fee
- Official high school transcript –
- Transcripts should be obtained from an accrediting or outside group when possible. If this is not possible, prepare the list of classes and the grades received in each class and mail them to the Office of Admissions. If you need a template, you may download the Transcript Tutorial. Please include the quantitative grading scale (i.e., 90-100 equals A, 80-89 equals B, etc.).
- Official College Transcript(s) from all colleges attended
- SAT or ACT score report (if fewer than 12 earned college credits)
- 250-word Christian Testimony/Essay
The college reserves the right to further examine an applicant by personal interview.
Does TFC require home-educated students to take the GED?
Toccoa Falls College does not require home-educated students to take the GED.
What is the TFC recommended high school curriculum of home-schooled students?
TFC does not endorse any particular curricular high school structure. However, the recommended course work to be completed in high school is listed in the academic and spiritual requirements section of the TFC website.
Can home-educated students receive the Georgia HOPE Scholarship?
Home-educated students from Georgia may be eligible for the HOPE Scholarship after attempting 30, 60, or 90 college semester hours of study if they earn a college cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Do home-educated at TFC fit in and adjust smoothly to college life?
Over the past 5 years, TFC has enrolled over 100 home-schooled students. Once students are on campus, one of the most important priorities of the college staff is helping students to adjust to college life. Our week-long orientation program includes TFC Success Seminar, a course designed to help students become familiar with the college’s services and to obtain the skills necessary for academic and social success. Toccoa Falls College is committed to helping each student transition smoothly into their college career.