start. at home.
The Family and Children’s Ministries major will equip you with the knowledge, skill, and character pertinent to disciple-making ministries with families and children in church and faith-based organizations. Established from biblical principles, the major offers both theory and practical application of ministry to families and children through courses centering on marriage and family relationships, methods and materials for teaching children, designing programs for adult and children ministries, and leadership formation. Finally, an internship with first-hand experience under a professional mentor caps off the program’s focus.
- Family and Children's Ministries
- Ministry Leadership
- Outdoor Leadership and Education
- Pastoral Ministries
- Youth Ministry
The learning objectives for this major include the following:
- Gaining factual knowledge of the foundations for family and children’s ministries.
- Learning fundamental principles, generalizations, and theories related to family and children’s ministries.
- Developing skills, competencies, and points of view needed by family and children’s ministry professionals.
- Developing skill in expressing oneself orally in family and children’s ministries contexts.
- Developing a clearer understanding of, and commitment to, personal biblical values that inform family and children’s ministry and individual character.
- Learning to analyze and critically judge ideas.
This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended for official academic purposes. Please refer to the official college catalog for detailed information regarding all courses of study.
Or call 706.886.7299 for more information.