Cross-Cultural Adult Education is an interdisciplinary degree that combines unique principles with teaching to adults (andragogy) to prepare you to teach and lead adult education programs. This major will enable you to enter creative access countries with marketable skills in the planning and implementation of adult education programs.
In this major you will learn to research, design, plan, and implement adult education programs on a wide continuum based on cross-cultural knowledge and detailed ethnographic study. These programs can be in such areas as business training classes, health education, literacy programs, AIDS prevention training, English as a foreign language programs, computer literacy, and physical exercise classes. You will also prepare to assist mission agencies in the planning of leadership development programs, Theological Education by Extension programs, and the development of Bible Institutes.
This major will prepare you for immediate deployment as a cross-cultural adult educator. Those who minor in TESOL will find immediate opportunities available through ELIC and other English language organizations. This major also provides you a training track for preparing to enter ethnic ministries within the United States. Such cross-cultural ministry training prepares you to design and provide viable community service within the ethnic community such as ESL or GED completion.
- Church Planting and Enlargement
- Cross-Cultural Bible Teaching and Counseling
- Cross-Cultural TESOL
- Sustainable Development
- World Religion
The learning objectives for this major include the following:
- Learning fundamental principles, generalizations, or theories necessary to develop curriculum for ministry purposes in cross-cultural settings.
- Learning to apply course material in cross-cultural educational settings to enable more effective ministry.
- Developing skills, competencies, and points of view needed by professionals to understand an unfamiliar cultural setting in order to establish a culturally sensitive curriculum.
- Developing a clearer understanding of, and commitment to, personal Biblical values in order to contextualize those values into another cultural setting.
This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended for official academic purposes. Please refer to the official college catalog for detailed information regarding all courses of study.
Or call 706.886.7299 for more information.