The Christian Thought major explores the beliefs that make up a Christian worldview, and the intersection of that worldview with contemporary culture. You will receive a rigorous grounding in Bible, theology, religion, and philosophy and explore the application of Christian beliefs to major issues of contemporary society. Apologetics and Christian witness in our postmodern society requires a relational, holistic, and missional approach. Our major will enable and inspire you to construct a coherent Christian worldview and to live a compelling way of life that transforms lives and communities.
- Critical thinking (analysis and problem solving)
- Language and Communication (oral and written)
- Interdisciplinary and Cultural Sensitivity
The learning objectives for this major include:
- Gaining factual knowledge of the logic and theological beliefs of the Christian faith beyond the general knowledge provided by the core.
- Developing a clearer understanding of and commitment to personal faith values.
- Learning to analyze and critically evaluate ideas and arguments relevant to the major and advanced theological knowledge.
This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended for official academic purposes. Please refer to the official college catalog for detailed information regarding all courses of study.
Or call 706.886.7299 for more information.