Registration for Summer and Fall 2013 terms, begins Monday, April 1, 2013, and ends August 1, 2013.
Before You Register:
- Advisor Appointments:
It is recommended that you make an appointment with your advisor to discuss your schedule. Go prepared with a proposed schedule (based on your chosen major in your catalog year) when you meet with your advisor. (You can print out a blank Schedule Worksheet from the “Registration Services” main page (on myTFC), –Weekly Class Planner). If you do not know who your advisor is, click on “Demographic Information” in myTFC Self-Service.
- Think about what Student Ministry you want to take this semester. Make sure to add this to your schedule when you register. The new prefix code for your Student Ministries beginning Fall 2013 is SAO (for Service and Outreach).
- Registration/Advising Tips
-You should check the Majors Notes for both your Department and the Bible and Theology Department. These can be found on the mySchool tab of myTFC.
-Follow your major program outline in your catalog for selection of courses.
-You should not register for any course more than one class year level beyond your current class year, i.e. a sophomore should not register for a senior level course.
-Responsibility for choosing the correct courses belongs to you. Each student must carry full responsibility for completing his/her own program of study as set forth according to the proper catalog. Advisors cannot be held liable for student failure to meet specified requirements.
When to Register:
You will be able to begin your schedule selection process according to the following schedule by Class Year (based on current hours earned):
Seniors and Juniors: Beginning Monday,April 1, 2013
Sophomores: Beginning Thursday, April 4, 2013
Freshmen: Beginning Monday, April 8, 2013
Self-Service Summer Registration ends May 1, 2013 and Fall Registration ends August 1, 2013.
How to Register:
- On your scheduled day to select your classes, sign into myTFC using your TFC email ID and password. Click the Registration Services link in the QuickLaunch Menu and select “Registration”. Then click on “Traditional Courses” and select the term for which you are registering. Click on the Section Search to find courses to add to your shopping cart by entering the course prefix or keyword. You will need to be familiar with course prefixes in order to choose your desired curriculum categories. Once you find the desired course, click the “add” button to the right of the course to place the course in your cart. Repeat the Section Search until you have added all desired courses to your cart.
- Click “Next” and review your schedule. After reviewing your schedule, click “Next” again and this will label your courses as “Awaiting Advisor Approval.”
- Click “Finish” to submit your course selections to your advisor for review and approval. Once your advisor approves, you will be notified via your TFC email account. Be sure to complete the entire Schedule Selection process by submitting your schedule to your advisor for approval.
- You are encouraged to print out a copy of your class schedule to verify the classes for which you registered. It is also recommended that you print a new copy of your schedule each time you make any changes to it.
- If you receive an error message that a Course Prerequisite has not been met, you may not register for that course. If you feel that this error message is incorrect, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- If you receive an error message that Instructor Permission is required, you may “Request Permission” by viewing your cart and selecting the link “Request Permission” next to the appropriate course. This course will prevent you from submitting your other courses until you receive permission in Self-Service for the specified course. Once you receive notification from the Instructor that the permission request has been approved, then you must follow through by submitting the course to your advisor. Note: If you are in a rush to secure your other courses, then you can deselect the course which is pending permission and submit the other courses to your advisor for approval.
- If you receive an error message that a class is closed, you may not register for the class through Self-Service. Please return a completed “Request to Enter a Closed Class” form (available in the Registrar’s Office) to the Registrar’s Office for manual processing.
- If you receive an error message that you are attempting to register for more credit hours than you are allowed, then only submit to your advisor the classes that add up to the total number of hours that you are allowed. The remaining course(s) that put you in overload will have to be added via a “Course Overload” form that is available in the Registrar’s Office. You must be approved by both your advisor and the Registrar to take a course overload. Hours greater than 19 incur overload tuition rates.
- Special class arrangements such as Directed or Independent Study courses will need to be processed manually in the Registrar’s Office.
Taking a TFC Online Class?
Online classes are added to your schedule in the same way as your other classes through your Self-Service account. To register for an online class (sections numbered OL01, DAYS and LOCATION = ONLINE), add it to your cart in the same way as other classes. The cost of online courses for resident students is the same as resident course tuition and will therefore be included in your tuition flat-rate block tuition charge for 12-19 hours.
Note: Online courses may not be taken if it places a student in an academic overload situation (more than 18 hours). Resident students must register for any online courses by the end of the regular registration and drop/add period for that resident term.
Financial Aid and Student Accounts Reminders:
- After scheduling your classes, verify your Financial Aid status and Student Account balance in the myFinances Tab of myTFC, and care for your remaining balance accordingly.
- If using the NelNet Payment Plan, select your payment plan asap for the best option.
- Payment may be made online
- Final payment in full deadline is August 1, 2013.
Summer Registration Check-In Enrollment Confirmation
Your Summer Registration Enrollment Check-In will be confirmed by reporting to the Registrar’s Office in Earl Hall between 9 am and 4 pm on Wednesday, May22, for Summer Session I, and between 9 am and 4 pm on Wednesday, June 19 for Session II. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from checking in at the Registrar’s Office, (overseas travel, practicum or internship responsibilities, out of town student ministries), you must complete an Absentee Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office.
Fall Registration Check-In Enrollment Confirmation for Continuing Students
Your Fall Registration Enrollment Check-In will be confirmed by your attendance on the first day of each class as your instructor takes roll (Fall and Spring semesters). If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending your first day of classes, (overseas travel, practicum or internship responsibilities), you must complete an Absentee Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office.
Drop/Add changes may be made beginning with the first day of classes on the following dates:
Summer I 2013: Thursday, May 23, 2013, through Friday, May 24, 2013 at 5:00 pm.
Summer II 2013: Thursday, June 20, 2013, through Friday June 21, 2013 at 5:00 pm.
Fall 2013: Monday, August 26, 2013 through Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 5:00 pm.
Schedule Changes during the Drop/Add period for the regular semester (Fall/Spring) for continuing students are made on-line using the Register Tab of MyTFC Self-Service with submission to your advisor for schedule change approval. New students can request schedule adjustments in the Registrar’s Office during Drop/Add week.
Paper forms accepted in the Registrar’s Office will be for entering a closed class, overload requests, or directed and independent studies. Make sure you have completed all schedule changes by 5:00 pm of the designated end of the drop/add period. For Winterim and Summer Sessions, drop/add changes are made in the Registrar’s Office.
Hands On Training
If you feel that you need more individualized instruction, please come by the Registrar’s Office and we will assist you.
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 800896
Toccoa Falls College
Toccoa Falls, GA 30598
Phone (706) 886-6831
2nd Floor, Earl Hall