Bachelor of Science
- Completion of a minimum of 126 earned credit hours, of which the final 32 credit hours (or 25% of the degree, whichever is greater) must be taken in residence at Toccoa Falls College. At least 50% of all major and minor credit hours must also be taken in residence.
- Satisfactory completion of at least four semesters of Student Ministry, (transfer students enrolled at TFC for fewer semesters than required for student ministry must successfully complete one assignment for each semester enrolled).
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- A minimum grade of C- is required for each course in a student’s major (including specializations, tracks, and concentrations), and a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required for the total credit hours in the major.
- A minimum of 30 hours in Bible & theology with at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in Bible & theology courses. School of Bible & Theology majors must earn a grade of “C-” or above in every Bible & theology course that counts toward their minimum number of Bible & theology courses. (See
“Bible & Theology” section for minimum hours required for majors in the School of Bible & Theology.) Students taking more than 30 hours of Bible & theology but who are not majors in the School of Bible & Theology must earn at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in the 30 hours of Bible & theology for which they earn the highest grades, including specified required courses.
- Completion of a standardized written consortium examination on Bible and doctrine during the final semester of regular classes. The percentile attained by each student appears on the student’s transcript. Any student who achieves lower than the twentieth national percentile on the overall test has one opportunity to retake the test for additional study. In such cases, the higher of the two resulting scores appears on the transcript.
- Fulfillment of all requirements of the core curriculum (with a minimum grade of “C-” in ENG 113 and ENG 123).
- All of the additional requirements of one of the professional schools including any prescribed oral or comprehensive examinations.
- A minimum grade of “C-” for each course taken to fulfill requirements for a minor if the student elects to take a minor.
- Application for graduation submitted during pre-registration one full year before the anticipated graduation.
- Meet all financial obligations before degrees are granted or transcripts released.
- Participation in final commencement exercises (permitted only after all financial obligations are met).
Bachelor of Arts Degree
All of the requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree plus demonstrated proficiency at the second-year college level in one foreign or classical language. For students whose primary native language is English, this may be demonstrated by successful completion of two years (usually 12 semester hours) of college-level foreign language or by satisfactory scores on a CLEP language exam. For students whose primary language is not English, English will count as the second language requirement with the completion of ENG 113, 123, and six semester hours of English language literature elective, with a minimum of C- in each. Primary native language is defined as the language spoken in the home and the language of instruction in primary and secondary school. Some majors may require a specific language to fulfill the language requirement.