Toccoa Falls College will be known as a premier Christian college that uniquely integrates biblical truth, academic excellence and intentional spiritual formation within a caring Christian community.
Toccoa Falls College is incorporated under the laws of the State of Georgia as a four-year college and is authorized by the Georgia State Legislature to grant the baccalaureate degree.
Toccoa Falls College is accredited to award Associate and Bachelor degrees by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033.
Toccoa Falls College is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 22090 (703) 437-0700.
The Teacher Education and Music Education programs of Toccoa Falls College are approved by the Professional Standards Commission of the State of Georgia (PSC), 1452 Twin Towers East, Atlanta, GA 30334 (404) 657-9000, and graduates are eligible for teacher certification upon graduation.
In addition, the college is listed by the United States Department of Education in the directory of Accredited Institutions of Higher Learning, approved by the State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and approved by the United States Department of Justice for the training of foreign students.
The mission of Toccoa Falls College is to glorify God through seeking and developing Christian servant leaders who will impact their world with the love and message of Jesus Christ.
Toccoa Falls College is an educational institution, a character-building enterprise, and a spiritual formation community, all integrated into a unique way of life. Its primary purpose is to glorify God through offering residential programs that prepare men and women for lives of personal fulfillment and Christian servant leadership to the church and the world. It also seeks to glorify God through offering non-residential Christ-centered programs to the community at large.
- Spiritual: to orient, motivate, and lead students to emotional maturity, Christian commitment, and spiritual depth
- Academic: to provide an understanding of the Bible as the basis for Christian life and thought within the context of the college statement of faith, and to introduce students to the cumulative knowledge of the ages
- Intellectual: to stimulate students to develop inquisitive and creative minds that possess tools for critical analysis, and to motivate them for continuing intellectual pursuits
- Moral: to provide the atmosphere, motivation, and support system for developing Biblically based lifestyles of wholesome attitudes and ethical principles
- Professional: to produce graduates competent for Christian service to humanity in the areas of their individual choices
Statement of Faith
Toccoa Falls College shall teach and defend the historic and basic doctrines of evangelical Christianity such as:
- The verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures as originally given;
- The existence and manifestation of one God in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- The incarnation and virgin birth of the Son of God;
- The redemption of man by the vicarious death of Christ on the cross;
- The bodily resurrection from the grave;
- The fact that all men have sinned and consequently must be regenerated by the working of God’s grace;
- Justification by faith;
- The sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the believer, producing holiness of life and power for service;
- Practical faith in the sufficiency of Christ for spiritual, temporal and physical needs;
- The purifying hope of the Lord’s imminent return; and
- The urgency of preaching the gospel to all mankind, that men may be saved from eternal judgment.
The said college, even though non-sectarian, is to be conducted according to the faith and teaching of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.